SCAYBA is hosting a Holiday Tournament on Dec. 9 & 10, 2023
Boys will be on Dec. 9 with A,B,C Brackets
Girls will be on Dec. 10 with B and C Brackets
Cost per team is $275
Admission at the door.
3 games guaranteed, 4 team brackets with awards for first and second.
No renegade or All Star teams.
Registration link below.
Register teams before Nov. 9 below. Open until brackets are filled.
The Registration "Holiday Tournament" is not currently available.
ALWAYS CHECK THE WEBSITE FOR UPDATED BRACKETS - WWW.SCAYBA.COM 2023 SCAYBA Tournament Rules
1. Attendance is required 15 minutes prior to the scheduled starting time. Except when games are falling behind schedule, 5 minutes will be allowed for warm-up. Team line-ups must be logged in the official scoresheet 5 minutes before the start of the game.
2. A team not ready to play five minutes after the scheduled starting time will forfeit.
3. Home team is listed at the top of the bracket or first in pool play. The designated home team will furnish the ball and the official scorekeeper and the away team will furnish a clock person.
4. Game length: All games will consist of 20 minute running time halves. It will be stopped time the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half unless the score differential is 15 or more points and at that point it will continue to be running time the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half, if the differential is cut to 10 or less it will be stopped time at that point. There will be a 2-minute halftime.
5. Note: If games are falling behind schedule, the warm-up and halftime periods can be shortened at the referee’s discretion.
6. Timeouts: Three 1-minute timeouts per game; no carryover to overtime. 1 timeout per team in overtime.
7. Overtime: After a one minute break at the end of regulation time, the 1st overtime will be 2 minutes, with one timeout available for each team. If the game is still tied, sudden-victory overtime will be played.
8. Technical fouls will not be shot. 2 points and the ball will be awarded on all technical fouls.
9. Allowable defenses: A. At the 3rd, 4th & 5th grade level, only half court person to person defense will be allowed. Person to person full court pressing is allowed only in the last 2 minutes of each half. Person to person defense allows for help & recover. First offense - a warning will be issued; second offense – technical foul. All defenses and pressing are allowed at the 6th, 7th and 8th grade levels. B. No full-court defense will be allowed by a team that is ahead by 20 points or more, or 15 points or more during running time. Penalties as above.
10. No protests will be allowed. Referees will settle all disputes on the floor.
11. Minnesota State High School League Rules will govern all other situations.